Our Successes… and Our Spills
- Thirty-two-year insurance industry veteran
- Company Nurse CEO since 1997
- Recipient of the Business School Lausanne’s Hall of Fame Innovator Award
- Served on the AIESEC Board of Advisors and the Entrepreneurial Insurance Alliance Advisory Board of Directors
- Arizona State University
- Business School Lausanne
I’ve had a couple great ones. One was a huge wipe out on a skateboard that left me bruised both inside and out. Very embarrassing. Today it probably would have ended up on YouTube. Glad there were no cell phones back in the “olden days!”
- Twenty-five-year veteran in business and building client relationships
- Company Nurse leadership since 2014
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
There’s a reason why you’re not supposed to ride on the handlebars of a bike. But did I listen? No. And I took a dive right off the front of my friend’s Stingray. In return, I got stitches and a scar to brag about. But ugh! Why did it have to happen when the boys were chasing us? Embarrassing.
- Thirty-year finance veteran
- With Company Nurse since 2006
- University of Arizona
- Thunderbird, American Graduate School of International Management
Sometimes the smallest injury can be the most painful. For me, it was my little toe. I broke it while running to answer the front door. That darn door frame jumped right out in front of me… Just call me Grace!
- Nine-year finance veteran
- With Company Nurse since 2012
- Kansas State University
I’ve actually been pretty lucky, health wise, but it’s impossible to avoid injuries completely. I once had a very bad infection in my toe (yikes!) and was unable to wear my shoe. For as bad as the pain was, the real pain was wearing an outfit without amazing shoes.
- Nineteen years in client management
- US Army, active duty from 1990 – 1994 with the rank of Specialist
- Stationed at Ft. Bragg, North Carolina with the 519th Military Intelligence Battalion, 82nd Airborne division as an Arabic Linguist, Voice Interceptor
- With Company Nurse since 2013
- Arizona State University
Ouch! I’m embarrassed to say, I’ve never really had a spill. Knock on wood… not even during my time in the military.
- Thirty years of IT experience
- With Company Nurse since 2011
- Monash University in Melbourne, Australia
I’ve had some pretty funny accidents, but my most embarrassing one? I’d have to say it was the time I broke my leg from trying to “walk the barrel” on a tennis court roller. Hurt my leg and my pride.
- Thirty years in medicine
- Recipient of the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)’s highest national award in both teaching and research
- Associate Provost for Innovation in Education, Thomas Jefferson University
- M.A., M.D., FACEP, FAAEM, FAHA, FESC, FCPP
- 20 Years with Company Nurse
- Emory University, Tulane University School of Medicine, University of Mississippi
For me, it has to be when I broke my middle son’s distal phalanx. What’s a distal phalanx? It’s the very last bone in your thumb, under the nail. From that point on, I always look before closing a car door. That one hurt the both of us… sorry!