Company Nurse LLC
Effective Date: 5/13/2020
We always seek to improve our Services to our users, and that requires that we collect, store, share, and use information about you and your usage preferences. As we do so, we are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information.
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
- LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
When you enter into an agreement with us, either by accessing the Services or by clicking “I Accept” or similar language online, we will process your Data for the purposes of fulfilling the terms of the Agreement. In that case, our processing of your Data is based on the Agreement, so your withdrawal of consent will only be effective after the purposes for processing that Data have been fulfilled and after we no longer have a legal obligation or lawful basis to keep that Data.
In all cases, we will comply with applicable law and we will cease processing your Data after the legal right, obligation, or other lawful basis expires.
- INTENDED USERS
The Services are directed solely to persons 18 years of age or older or of children under 18 who are supervised by a parent, guardian, or other caregiver. Other than for Data collected for the specific purpose of providing the Services to users, we do not knowingly collect Data from users who are under 13. If we become aware that we have gathered Data from a person under 13, except to provide the Services to such person, then we will attempt to delete such Data as soon as possible, subject to our obligations under applicable law. If you believe that we have gathered Data from a person under 13 in contravention of this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Listed below are the categories of Data we collect when you use our Services. We never sell your Data, and we always have a lawful basis for gathering the Data, but that lawful basis might be different for different categories, and we describe those uses below. Regardless, we never use the Data for any purpose other than the purpose for which we gathered the Data in the first place, unless we get your prior explicit consent.
- Registration Data
- Data Description: Registration Data consists of the name, e-mail address, phone number, and other contact information you provide us using the Services, both when you register your account and thereafter. Registration Data also includes your username.
- Lawful Basis for Processing: Our lawful basis for processing Registration Data is our contract with you and your consent. We can only provide certain of the Services to you if we have the Registration Data, so we need to store and access that Registration Data during the term of our contract. Even when the Registration Data is not critically necessary to the provision of the Services, we may still process that Registration Data to facilitate our contractual interactions with you.
- How We Use It and Who We Share It With: As disclosed in the Agreement, we convey Registration Data about you only to your employer and to third-party data processors such as Novosi, PureCloud, and Amazon Web Services who help us provide the Services. We use Registration Data only to provide the Services to you and to contact you.
- Engagement Data
- Data Description: Engagement Data consists of all the information you input or record using the Services, other than the Registration Data. Engagement Data includes your responses to questions in the screening tool. It also includes all information that is proprietary to you regarding your use of the Services (other than the data that qualifies as “Usage Data” below) that is collected or processed by the Services. For example, Engagement Data may include the portions of our Services that you use, when you access them, and survey responses, among other things.
- Lawful Basis for Processing: Our lawful basis for processing Engagement Data is (1) our contract with you and (2) our legitimate interest in improving our Services based on the Engagement Data we receive from you.
- How We Use It and Who We Share It With: Your Engagement Data is accessible only to us, to you, and to your employer and third-party processors such as Novosi, PureCloud, and Amazon Web Services, and then only as necessary to provide the Services. We do not share Engagement Data with other third parties, except at your specific request, but we may use Engagement Data to make inferences that help us provide and improve the Services and communicate offers to you for our own goods and services. Both during the term of the Agreement with you and thereafter, we may also use Engagement Data in an anonymized and aggregated format that is not identifiable to any individual, and that anonymized and aggregated information belongs solely to us to use in our sole discretion (including to sell anonymized and aggregated information, which is not Data). To the extent we are required to delete any Engagement Data about you, we may still retain aggregated and anonymized information that may have originated as your Engagement Data.
- Usage Data
- Data Description: Usage Data consists of the following and similar information:
- Information about your interactions with the Services, which includes the date and time of any requests you make.
- The timing of the information you post to the Services including messages you send and/or receive via the Services and your interactions with our customer service team, but not including the content of those interactions and messages, which would be included as Engagement Data.
- Technical data which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access or connect to the Services, unique device IDs, device attributes, network connection type (e.g. WiFi, 4G, LTE, Bluetooth) and provider, network and device performance, browser type, language, information enabling digital rights management, operating system, and application version.
- Lawful Basis for Processing: Our lawful basis for processing Usage Data is (1) our contract with you and (2) our legitimate interest in improving our Services based on the Usage Data we receive from you.
- How We Use It and Who We Share It With: Usage Data is accessible only to us, to you, and to third-party processors such as Novosi, PureCloud, and Amazon Web Services, and then only as necessary to provide the Services. We do not share it with other third parties, except at your specific request, but we may use Usage Data to make improvements to the Services. Both during the term of our agreement with you and thereafter, we may also use Usage Data in an anonymized and aggregated format that is not identifiable to any individual, and that anonymized and aggregated information belongs solely to us to use in our sole discretion (including to sell anonymized and aggregated information, which is not Data). To the extent we are required to delete any Usage Data about you, we may still retain aggregated and anonymized information that may have originated as your Usage Data.
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Except where a specific limitation is noted above, we may share your Data as follows:
- At Your Instruction. If you request us to make your Data available to a third party, and such request furthers the purposes of our Services, we will do so.
- With your Employer. As part of providing the Services, we make Data available to your employer to facilitate the screening and approval processes.
- Sharing with Vendors. In certain cases, we use the services of third-party vendors, to assist us in providing the Services. We may share your Data with such vendors solely for that purpose, and we will require those parties to abide by our privacy policies or privacy policies substantially in consonance with ours.
- Service Providers. We may sometimes use a third party to provide specific Services on our behalf, including sending e-mails to our members, conducting member surveys, processing transactions or performing statistical analysis of our Services. In these cases, we may provide certain personal information, such as your name and e-mail address and other financial information necessary for the service to be provided. However, these third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information and are prohibited from retaining, sharing, storing or using this information for any other purposes.
- Business Transitions. In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of our assets, the information we have about you will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. We reserve the right to transfer that information in connection with such transactions without notice to you. We will not be required to obtain your consent for such a transfer.
- Legal Disclosure. We may disclose your Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to applicable law, comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, or investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of our terms of service.
If we ever plan to use any Data in the future for any other purposes not identified above and we do not have a separate lawful basis for that new purpose for processing, we will only do so after obtaining your specific consent.
- TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
The technologies we use for automatic Data collection may include the following:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Other Technologies. We may also use device identifiers, local storage, html modifiers, and different types of caching to help us understand the devices and users who access the Services. Those methods include device identifiers that are either hardware-based or software-based, persistent or non-persistent, and which may identify either a device or a software module within a device (such as a web browser).
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING OUR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
- PRIVACY FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California has adopted the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which took effect at the beginning of 2020. We comply with the requirements of the CCPA to the extent they apply to us.
If you are a California resident and we qualify as a “business” under the terms of that law, you will have the following rights:
- You have the right to request that we disclose the categories and the specific items of Data about you that we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell and that Data about you that we have collected, used, disclosed, and/or sold during the 12 months prior to your request.
- You also have the right to have the Data we collect about you deleted. We use a two-step process to verify your identity and to have the information deleted. Your rights to have Data deleted are subject to several exceptions, specifically the Data that is necessary for us to:
- complete your transaction;
- provide you a good or service;
- perform a contract between us and you;
- protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- fix our system in the case of a bug;
- protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- comply with a legal obligation; or
- make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- To make any request under the CCPA, you must complete the Data Request Form found at https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=alb9KkXYOU2aaDDZQcdPHY2T45zASQRMp6dAoHoJ42hUNFBEMFkyVFlSUzM1VVEwNzJGQVQ2UE8ySi4u . You will be asked to give us your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information we request to reasonably verify your identity. We will respond to your request within 10 days after receipt of your request, and we will then take action to verify your identity and fulfill your request, as required by the CCPA.
- We will provide you with a CSV copy of your stored data within 45 days of your request, assuming we are able to verify your identity in that period and so long as you provide a correct email address for successful correspondence.
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, which means that we will not take any action to hurt or punish you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
- You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf by writing us at email@example.com. Upon receipt of your request, we will provide you with the information you will need to designate that agent.
Note that we are not allowed by law to at any time disclose your Social Security number, driver’s license number, or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, any health insurance or medical identification number, or any account password or security questions or answers.
We have listed the specific and general categories of information we have collected, disclosed, or sold in the last 12 months in the section above entitled “Data We Collect and How We Use It.” That section also lists the specific and general categories of Data we have disclosed to third parties for our business purposes.
We do not sell your Data to any third parties, but we do make some of your Data available to your employer and our third-party service providers for the business purpose of providing the Services to you.
We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
For more information, please direct your questions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org You can also direct questions to our toll free number at (888) 817-9282.
The security of your Data is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Data in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Data that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Data to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
- THIRD-PARTY POLICIES
- ACCESS AND ACCURACY
You have the right to access the information we hold about you in order to verify the information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your information, although in certain limited circumstances we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances, we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
- CONTACT US
You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of your personal contact information. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at email@example.com. If you have a complaint concerning our compliance with applicable privacy laws, we will investigate your complaint and if it is justified, we will take appropriate measures.